Boston 2010 Real Estate News

Boston Property News

Sunday, January 3, 2010

2009: another year at Real Estate Now

Today, my year as a blogger, here with you at Boston.com Real Estate Now.
This July, Boston.com Real Estate Now posted its 1000 entry. I, personally, have written about 500. In 2009, I introduced Sam Schneiderman to bring another buyer agent’s voice to the blog. Later in the year, he was joined by Attorney Richard Vetstein. I have also tapped James Morrison, a home inspector, for tips and stories.

This year, I covered the big stories that affect buyers: foreclosure, short sales, changes in appraisals, changes in lending, changing rules for condos, the $8000 tax credit. The “Living Well” series came and went, describing ways of living here without spending megabucks in the toney suburbs. We discussed living in condos, renting, snow shoveling, home and yard maintenance, and other topics that relate to where we choose to live. I told the stories of two modular houses. I also brought up topics about brokers; what we should do, how we get paid, what problems come up when agents don’t do their jobs. And more…

If I had to name the year, I’d call it “The Year of the Cautious Buyer.”

I believe that buyers are thinking harder and longer, deliberating more, and learning more before they buy. It’s a good thing. I have tried to aid and abet that by providing stories of what is going on in the world of real estate.